What do I need to know when designing custom size labels?
Clockwise can remove the size tags of a garment and print custom single-color size labels on nearly any product you order. When designing your custom size label, some things you need to keep in mind are:
- Size of Design - the largest we can print a size label is 3.5"W x 4.5"L, but most labels looks best around 2.5"W x 2.5"L.
- Capability - Some garments are unable to be de-tagged and so we cannot print on them--this may apply to all or just some pieces of a garment style.
- Sizes of Garment - You may only be printing a sample in size medium, but you might as well prepare tag files for all the possible sizes!
- Required information - All custom printed size tags are required to list the Country of Origin and Fabric Content, even if they will not be resold. Please see the Federal Wool & Trade Act for more information.
- Number of Garment Colors and Styles - The fabric contents and Country of Origin varies across styles and even sometimes differs by color within a particular style.
Need help getting started? Download our custom label template and tweak it to suit your project!
Have any questions about designing your custom label? Reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org!